Beloved Resurrection Family,
It was such a joy for me to join all of you even via livestream during the Holy Week services. I am still deeply moved by how God worked in our midst. Many thanks for your prayers for my recovery from COVID, which the Lord has answered.
As you may have heard, this last week COVID cases have spiked in Illinois, up 39 percent, and DuPage County’s risk level was raised to a medium. It’s not surprising that we’ve heard of a significant number of positive cases this week among people who attended our Holy Week services. Father Steve and Janna tested positive, as have several other clergy and staff.
With the numerous cases in our local community, we are taking preventive measures this Sunday to help stop further spread of the virus:
- Our clergy will be masking, except when speaking.
- We have asked our welcome team and eucharist team to mask.
- The two back sections of our sanctuary will both be mask-required areas.
- If you or a member of your household have any symptoms of COVID, we encourage you to stay home and watch the livestream here.
- According to CDC guidelines, “people with symptoms, a positive test, or exposure to someone with COVID-19 should wear a mask.”
- If you attend a service this Sunday, whether or not you have symptoms, we encourage you to consider masking.
- If you choose not to attend, we are offering a limited amount of reserved sacrament from 12:30-1:30pm in our prayer chapel. Enter through the door at the southwest corner of our building. The reserved sacrament will be immediately inside the door.
Parents, please note that our 8:30 RezKids Elementary is not available this Sunday, April 24, but we still have RezKids for ages 0-K. At the 10:30 service, RezKids for all ages is available.
Please pray with us for the healing of all those who are sick, strength for those caring for loved ones, and for a stop to the virus’ spread. Pray that the Lord will especially care for the vulnerable among us and in our community.
If you would like to receive prayer, whether you’re sick or not, please email Pastoral Care Pastor Meghan Robins at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Peace to you,
Fr. Matt Woodley